Strategic engagement for gender equality 2016-2019
This Strategic engagement to gender equality 2016-2019 marks a new phase in EC efforts to promote equality between women and men while continuing to focus on priority areas for action of particular relevance. It identifies more than thirty key actions to be implemented in five priority areas, with timelines and indicators for monitoring. In addition, it emphasises the need to integrate a gender equality perspective into all EU policies as well as into EU funding programmes. This will be my strategy to ensure that gender equality is promoted across the EU through concrete actions and effective steps.
Five existing thematic priority areas:
‣ increasing female labour-market participation and the equal economic independence of women and men;
‣ reducing the gender pay, earnings and pension gaps and thus fighting poverty among women;
‣ promoting equality between women and men in decision-making;
‣ combating gender-based violence and protecting and supporting victims; and
‣ promoting gender equality and women’s rights across the world.